Nick Davis, Chair
Governor Kim Reynolds appointed Mr. Davis as Chair of the Iowa Board of Parole in May of 2022.
He is a graduate of the University of Iowa College of Law.
Meredith Lamberti, Vice Chair
Governor Kim Reynolds appointed Ms. Lamberti as Vice Chair of the Iowa Board of Parole in November 2021.
She grew up in Ankeny and later attended Drake University for both her undergraduate degree and law school. Before attending law school, she taught English to middle middle school students in Shijiazhuang, China.
Ms. Lamberti was a law clerk for two years serving Iowa Supreme Court Justice Bruce Zager.
She then worked as an Assistant Attorney General representing the Department of Human Services. She focused on:
- child and dependent adult abuse appeals and
- termination of parental rights appeals.
Ms. Lamberti also serves on the Board at On With Life in Ankeny and is an advisor to college members of her sorority, Kappa Alpha Theta.
Thomas (Thom) V. Darden, Board Member
Governor Kim Reynolds appointed Mr. Darden to the Board of Parole in 2021.
Mr. Darden holds a B.S. in Education from the University of Michigan and also took accounting, statistics and marketing courses from Cleveland State University.
Mr. Darden has an extensive background in business financing and development. He is currently President of The Darden Group, Inc. in Cedar Rapids.
He also worked for a sports management company where he managed the careers of professional athletes. Thom, was in the National Football League as a defensive back with the Cleveland Browns. He earned All Pro status two years in a row. He holds several franchise records to this day.
Ralph Haskins, Board Member
Governor Kim Reynolds appointed Mr. Haskins to fill a Board vacancy in 2019 as layperson appointee. He was reappointed for a full term in 2020.
Mr. Haskins holds a bachelor's degree from Michigan State University and numerous professional certifications.
Mr. Haskins successfully founded a residential design-build construction firm and a construction material supply company.
Mr. Haskins has served in many volunteer and philanthropic activities including:
- chairperson of an international faith-based mission organization
- past president of the Des Moines Area Home Builders Association
- active involvement in the oversight of building the Knapp House of Hope in partnership with MainStream Living
Sue "Susie" Weinacht, Board Member
Governor Kim Reynolds appointed Ms. Weinacht as an alternate Board member in 2017. She was then reappointed as a full time Board member in 2021.
- Executive Leadership Certificate Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government, and
- BS in Education & Teaching Certificate from Eastern Illinois University
Ms. Weinacht currently serves as a member, by judicial appointment, of the Sixth Judicial District, Iowa Department of Corrections Board
She has also served as:
- An elected At-Large City Council Member
- Appointed as Mayor Pro Tem
- A Certified Elected Official through the Iowa League of Cities, and holds
- A Bronze Certification from National League of Cities University
- Leadership Iowa rom the Association of Business & Industry
- The Pacific Institute - Cultural Transformation
- Disney Institute Keys of Excellence, and
- the Chamber of Commerce